January 2010 Glamour US - Sarah Jessica Parker


Sarah Jessica Parker in Helmut Lang Jeans, D Squared boyfriend Jeans, Oscar De La Renta Bolero Cardigan, Christian Louboutin pumps for her January 2010 Glamour issue, click for full interview.

Here are some interesting Q&A from the interview....

GLAMOUR: Well, you look great! Speaking of which, you are considered a style icon.

SJP: That’s hilarious.

GLAMOUR: But you are! So how would you characterize your own style?

SJP: I really love beautiful, well-made clothes. I don’t shop [a lot], so I tend to have pieces for a long time. I like mixing vintage with newer designers.

GLAMOUR: Flash back to 1984, when you were in Footloose. What were you wearing then?

SJP: In the eighties, I was wearing a lot of work boots and oversize men’s dinner jackets and floppy hats with flowers. I was making every mistake that was appropriate for the time. Eighty percent of pictures from that period deserve a cringe, but I don’t because I enjoyed it!

GLAMOUR: How would you say your style has evolved over the years?

SJP: It’s just simpler; I don’t buy anything trendy. I used to be more easily seduced by some momentary idea of what was fashionable. Now I’m slightly savvier. I still have the same ideas in my head about what looks good on me and what doesn’t. I still will not wear turtlenecks.

GLAMOUR: Why not?

SJP: I feel like I’m having a panic attack in them. I’m so short that the little bit of height I have is taken and consumed by the turtleneck. My son won’t wear them, either!

GLAMOUR: Tell us what you love wearing right now.

SJP: In the very casual department, two companies sent me jeans I wasn’t familiar with, and they’re really good: One is by a company called Closed. The other is Malibu, and they make jeans that have cashmere in them, but you can toss them in the wash. And I always reach for this black Guy Laroche dress that I’ve had for 10 years: I’ve worn it to birthdays, funerals, everything. I’ve never dry-cleaned it!

2 comments:

O. said...

I love Sarah's entire look! She looks fantastic!!!! I want everything she's wearing.

Niks La Mode. said...

this was a great blog post n all her loos are so versatile! I can never get away with that boyfriend jacket look :s and I want too !! lol.